Get the mental health treatment you need.
800.351.9058
  • “Because of Pathfinder, I am not afraid of life anymore. I am excited to finally start living.”

    — College student
  • “PIC's well-trained staff offered thought-provoking courses and individual therapy to address my despair.”

    — 39-year-old financial analyst
  • “The amazing team on ATP helped create a new me.”

    — Emily G.
  • “Everyone should be able to get treatment like this.”

    — Former patient
  • “I no longer feel compelled to kill myself. I feel my time on Compass helped me to see a 'path worth living.'”

    — 25-year-old woman
  • “Having gone to Menninger really helped me turn my life around.”

    — Former patient
  • “I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to be a patient on Hope, and I'm grateful for all that the team did for me.”

    — Former patient
«
»
Help us change lives.
Monday–Friday 8 am–5 pm CT

Houston Walk for Mental Health Receives Menninger Support

Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Build awareness for mental health as a participant in the 5K Houston Walk for Mental Health Awareness on Saturday, October 12, at Spotts Park, 401 S. Heights Blvd.
Menninger has sponsored this walk every year since the walk’s inception in 2011.
 
The third annual event includes city-wide involvement from charitable nonprofit mental health organizations; corporate, individual and nonprofit sponsors; and local and state elected officials.  Houston Mayor Annise Parker will kick off the walk following a Soji ceremony and warm-up for walkers led by the Art of Living Foundation.
 
 
Cost of early registration is $25. You may sign up as an individual or family or form your own walk team. Registration on the day of the walk opens at 6:30 am at Spotts Park. The opening ceremonies will start at 7:30 am with the walk getting underway at 8 am.
 
In its first two years, the fall walk raised more than $31,000 to generate mental health awareness and support for participating nonprofit agencies and programs offering mental health services in the community. Walkers may select nonprofit mental health agencies and organizations, such as Menninger, to receive 90 percent of funds they raise. The remaining 10 percent of funds raised goes to the Houston Walk organization to sustain the annual event.
 
Before and after the walk, participants are invited to stop by the exhibitors’ booths, featuring refreshments, chair massage, mental health information and more.