Menninger and KHOU Channel 11 will be putting mental health front and center during May, which is National Mental Health Awareness Month, with the BeMindful campaign.
The campaign will be comprised of:
- A series of public service announcements (PSAs) with mental health facts presented by some of Houston’s top personalities and others. The PSAs will feature some facts and conversation starters about mental health, which will air at various times throughout the month.
- A mental health takeover of the “Great Day Houston” show, hosted by Deborah Duncan. The air date is tentatively set for May 23.
- A week of mental health-related stories during the 4-5 pm newscast as well as a Facebook Live segment in which Menninger clinical staff will respond to viewers’ questions. This is tentatively planned for the week of May 21-25.
- A web page dedicated to mental health resources, facts and information of value to anyone interested in finding care, learning more about mental health treatments and about Menninger. The page will be available on KHOU.com and from Menninger’s own website, as well as on social media.
- A short video to introduce KHOU’s viewers to The Menninger Clinic.
Follow The Menninger Clinic on Facebook
to see updates about the campaign.