The deadline for the Betty Ann Steadman Nurse Residency Program has been extended to November 11.
The program is a six-month mentor-based program designed to transition the new graduate nurse into professional practice. By the end of the residency, the Nurse Resident will be responsible for coordinating the total nursing care for patients and will participate in the education of patients and families with respect to issues relevant to nursing.
To be eligible for the program, candidates must have:
- Completed a NLN- or CCNE-accredited RN program (a BSN degree is required).
- A current permit to practice as GN at time of hire and license to practice as RN in state of Texas within six weeks of hire.
- Graduated from a BSN program within the last 12 months.
In addition to completing an online application
, candidates must send the following documentation to Jane Mahoney
, PhD, RN, PMHCNS-BC, Director of Nursing Practice and Research, The Menninger Clinic, 12301 Main St., Houston, Texas 77035:
- Letter of interest
- HESI/ATI or nursing license
- Two signed letters of recommendations
- Official transcript(s)