Menninger offers a four and one-half-day (4.5-day) outpatient psychiatric assessment for adults, young adults, children and adolescents seeking a greater understanding of their psychiatric symptoms and core issues.
The outpatient assessments team
looks at questions posed by the client or family and the medical, genetic, psychological and social factors that may affect an individual's current situation, health and well-being.
The team has expertise in trauma, autism, neuropsychiatry, geriatric psychiatry and more.
In addition to the team's psychologist and senior social worker, consulting specialists in neurology, pain, eating disorders, psychiatric rehabilitation, addictions
, personality disorders, depression, self-injury, anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder are available as needed.
After gathering clinical data and insights, the team presents its findings and treatment recommendations at the end of the assessment period. Within two weeks, the client or family receives the team's final written report. A sample report
is available, as is a sample schedule
The assessment cannot be applied to legal or administrative cases.
Prior to arrival and during the assessment week, the outpatient assessments team collaborates with the client and/or family in a series of diagnostic tests, medical exams and evaluations to obtain a 360-degree review of the client's mind-body issues. The workup includes:
- Comprehensive psychiatric assessment by a collaborative, multidisciplinary team
- Pre-admission screening and evaluation of records
- Care coordination, psychosocial assessment and collateral interviews
- Psychiatric consultation and interpretation of clinical and medical results
- Psychological evaluation and testing
- Assessment for addiction and chemical dependency, as clinically indicated
- Other specialty diagnostic and therapeutic consultations, assessments, evaluations and testing, as clinically indicated
- Genetic profile test and interpretation, as clinically indicated
- Written and verbal feedback and support regarding case formulation, diagnoses and recommendations
- Potential for additional time with assessment team members at the agreed upon rate for each provider
Emerging Adults Assessment
We also offer a special outpatient assessment for emerging adults.
Scheduling an Outpatient Assessment
Our Admissions coordinators will listen to the issues causing concern and work with you to determine if our outpatient assessment will meet your needs. As part of this process, you will also speak with a member of the assessment team about your needs.
Assessments typically begin on Mondays and continue during the five-day work week. Assessments must be planned in advance through our Admissions staff.
While no referral from a mental health professional is required, we'll request that you provide Admissions with clinical records on psychiatric, medical and psychosocial issues, which will help the team understand your history and goals for the assessment. They will also help the team personalize the assessment even further by suggesting additional tests or evaluations by specialists as needed.
The cost of the 4.5-day outpatient assessment depends on the full range of testing and evaluations that are clinically necessary to perform a comprehensive, individualized assessment. A $3,500 nonrefundable down payment is required before an assessment can be scheduled.
For more information, please call 713-275-5400.