Why should you consider Menninger for inpatient psychiatric care for depression, anxiety and other mental illnesses? Because our patient treatment outcomes prove our patients get better.
Using these four gold-standard assessments, adult patients report that their mental health symptoms improved while being treated at Menninger and that they maintained these gains throughout their first year after discharge.
Menninger's patients are typically quite severely ill; in fact, on average, 80 percent had three psychiatric disorders. Prior to arriving at Menninger:
- They averaged three prior psychiatric hospitalizations.
- They had been treated by an average of three prescribing psychiatrists.
- They had been in psychotherapy with the same or different therapist an average of four times.
Other Quality Indicators
- Menninger is ranked no. 5 on U.S.News & World Report's Best Hospitals list for psychiatry, and has been on the list every year since its debut in 1991.
- Menninger was the first psychiatric hospital in Texas to be awarded the Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurse Credentialing Center.
- Menninger is affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the nation's top medical schools.
- Menninger is accredited by the Joint Commission.
- All our nurses are registered nurses, and only individuals who have at least a bachelor's degree are hired as mental health associates.
- All treatment teams included a psychiatrist, psychologist, social worker, psychiatric nurse, psychiatric rehabilitation specialist, and, if warranted, a licensed chemical dependency counselor. The teams have offices on their units so they are accessible to patients.